Obtaining Occupational Driver's License
Work Permits or Hardship Licenses
There may be defenses in your case to challenge your driver's license suspension. Even if your driver's license is suspended, many drivers are eligible for an occupational driver's licenses. These permit individuals to drive for essential need purposes only. This means that the individual who receives the occupational driver's license can only drive for the purpose of going to work or school, or for emergency needs such as medical.
Immediate action must be taken to protect your driving privileges. At the Law Offices of Tim Powers, our Denton County DWI lawyers can show you how to preserve your ability to drive, even if there are certain restrictions. Not being able to drive can affect your daily life and force you to make adjustments, but this permit can keep you mobile for your most important needs.
Understand Your Options
What are the strengths and weaknesses of your case? There are multiple ways to defend your driver's license suspension or request an occupational driver's license.
We consider the following questions:
- Did the officer have a valid reason to stop you?
- Can the breath test be ordered not admissible in court?
- How would a refusal to the breath test affect your case?
- Can steps be taken to provide you with a driving permit for work?
- Will a review of video tape reveal defenses?
- Can your case be handled without your appearance at every setting on the court's docket?
- Can your bond be reduced or returned?
- Can your case be reduced by the prosecutor to a charge other than DWI?
- Can a "continuance" of your court date be obtained to investigate your options?
Call Our Denton County DWI Attorneys at (940) 580-2899 Today
Our firm is experienced in handling DWI cases throughout Denton County and the state of Texas, and we understand the defense options available to you. We are dedicated to helping you reach a favorable outcome so you don't have to deal with the ramifications of a DWI conviction. While we cannot guarantee a specific outcome, we do promise to work hard in devising an effective case on your behalf.
When we speak with you during your complimentary case review, we can explain your rights, options, and our defense strategy.
Meet Our Team
Learn about our attorneys and their outstanding credentials.AboutUs
Hear from individuals who've actually worked with us.Read Our Reviews
We've successfully defended over 40,000 cases.Read Our Victories
Watch our videos to learn more about your charge.Watch Our Videos