Use of Accident Report Information and Other Information for Pecuniary Gain
Chapter 38 of the Texas Penal Code defines offenses relating to the obstruction of governmental operation.
“Use of Accident Report Information and Other Information for Pecuniary Gain”, as per § 38.18 of the Texas Penal Code, occurs when a person:
- obtains information described by Subsection (a) from the Department of Public Safety of the State of Texas or other governmental entity; and
- the information is subsequently used for the direct solicitation of business or employment for pecuniary gain by:
- the person;
- an agent or employee of the person; or
- the person on whose behalf the information was requested.
An offense under this section is a Class B misdemeanor.
- Confinement in jail for a term not to exceed 180 days
- Fine not to exceed $2,000
- Both such fine and confinement