Publication of Telecommunication Access Device
Chapter 33a of the Texas Penal Code defines telecommunication related offenses.
“Publication of Telecommunication Access Device”, as per § 33a.05 of the Texas Penal Code, occurs when a person with criminal negligence publishes a telecommunications access device or counterfeit telecommunications access device that is designed to be used to commit an offense under Section 33A.04.
Except as otherwise provided by this subsection, an offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor. An offense under this section is a felony of the third degree if the person has been previously convicted of an offense under this chapter.
- Confinement in jail for a term not to exceed one year
- Fine not to exceed $4,000
- Both such fine and confinement
Third Degree Felony
- Imprisonment in the institutional division for not more than 10 years or less than two years
- In addition to imprisonment, may receive a fine not to exceed $10,000