Chapter 21 of the Texas Penal Code sets restrictions and guidelines regarding sexually based offenses in the state of Texas.
“Public Lewdness”, as per § 21.07 of the Texas Penal Code, occurs when a person knowingly engages in any of the following acts in a public place or, if not in a public place, the person is reckless about whether another is present who will be offended or alarmed by the person's:
- act of sexual intercourse;
- act of deviate sexual intercourse; or
- act of sexual contact.
Public Lewdness is a Class A misdemeanor and is punishable by a term of confinement in a state jail not to exceed one year, as well as a fine of up to $4,000.
- Confinement in jail for a term not to exceed one year
- Fine not to exceed $4,000
- Both such fine and confinement