False Report (Peace Officer, Federal Investigator, Law Enforcement)
Chapter 37 of the Texas Penal Code defines offenses relating to perjury and other falsification.
“False Report to Peace Officer, Federal Special Investigator, or Law Enforcement Employee”, as per § 37.08 of the Texas Penal Code, occurs when a person, with intent to deceive, he knowingly makes a false statement that is material to a criminal investigation and makes the statement to:
- a peace officer or federal special investigator conducting the investigation; or
- any employee of a law enforcement agency that is authorized by the agency to conduct the investigation and that the actor knows is conducting the investigation.
An offense under this section is a Class B misdemeanor.
- Confinement in jail for a term not to exceed 180 days
- Fine not to exceed $2,000
- Both such fine and confinement