Failure to Provide Notice and Report of Death of Resident of Institution
Chapter 38 of the Texas Penal Code defines offenses relating to the obstruction of governmental operation.
“Failure to Provide Notice and Report of Death of Resident of Institution”, as per § 38.19 of the Texas Penal Code, occurs when a superintendent or general manager of an institution, as required by Article 49.24 or 49.25, Code of Criminal Procedure, the person fails to:
- provide notice of the death of an individual under the care, custody, or control of or residing in the institution;
- submit a report on the death of the individual; or
- include in the report material facts known or discovered by the person at the time the report was filed.
An offense under this section is a Class B misdemeanor.
- Confinement in jail for a term not to exceed 180 days
- Fine not to exceed $2,000
- Both such fine and confinement