Chapter 32 of the Texas Penal Code defines offenses relating to fraud.
“Criminal Simulation”, as per § 32.22 of the Texas Penal Code, occurs when a person, with intent to defraud or harm another:
- makes or alters an object, in whole or in part, so that it appears to have value because of age, antiquity, rarity, source, or authorship that it does not have;
- possesses an object so made or altered, with intent to sell, pass, or otherwise utter it; or
- authenticates or certifies an object so made or altered as genuine or as different from what it is.
An offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor.
- Confinement in jail for a term not to exceed one year
- Fine not to exceed $4,000
- Both such fine and confinement