Contraband in Correctional Facility
Chapter 38 of the Texas Penal Code defines offenses relating to the obstruction of governmental operation.
“Contraband in Correctional Facility”, as per § 38.114 of the Texas Penal Code, occurs when a person;
- provides contraband to an inmate of a correctional facility;
- otherwise introduces contraband into a correctional facility; or
- possesses contraband while confined in a correctional facility.
An offense under this section is a Class C misdemeanor, unless the offense is committed by an employee or a volunteer of the correctional facility, in which event the offense is a Class B misdemeanor.
- Fine not to exceed $500
- Confinement in jail for a term not to exceed 180 days
- Fine not to exceed $2,000
- Both such fine and confinement