Advertising for Placement of Child
Chapter 25 of the Texas Penal Code places restrictions and guidelines on offenses dealing with the family.
“Advertising for Placement of Child” as per § 25.09 of the Texas Penal Code, occurs when a person advertises in the public media that the person will place, provide, or obtain a child for adoption or any other form of permanent physical custody of the child.
An offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor unless the person has been convicted previously under this section, in which event the offense is a felony of the third degree.
- Confinement in jail for a term not to exceed one year
- Fine not to exceed $4,000
- Both such fine and confinement
Third Degree Felony
- Imprisonment in the institutional division for not more than 10 years or less than two years
- In addition to imprisonment, may receive a fine not to exceed $10,000