Facing Charges of Mortgage Fraud in Denton County?
Retain trusted counsel: Call our criminal defense attorneys at (940) 580-2899.
In the current real estate market, profits for investors are constantly in danger. Flipping houses and other real estate practices carry a greater risk than ever before, and it can be tempting for investors to take shortcuts around the law in order to obtain a favorable mortgage loan or property appraisal.
Even first-time home buyers sometimes fall prey to promises of easy money or cash-back at purchase. But be aware: If the government believes that you deliberately misrepresented your financial information or the true value of the property, you can be charged with mortgage fraud. The Law Offices of Tim Powers offers sound legal advice and experienced representation to homeowners, buyers, appraisers, and real estate investors who find themselves under investigation for or formally charged with mortgage fraud anywhere in Texas.
Our experienced attorneys have the industry knowledge and federal trial experience to provide you with the legal protection and dedicated advocacy you need if you have been accused of mortgage fraud or any related white collar crime, including:
- Straw man mortgages or other fraudulent pyramid scams
- Flipping schemes, including misrepresenting your intent to occupy a home you have purchased as investment real estate under a 1031 tax-deferred exchange
- Bank fraud (making false statements to financial institutions) such as misrepresenting your income on a mortgage loan application or failing to disclose existing mortgage loans, credit card debt, or other financial liabilities
- Appraisal fraud, such as when an appraiser deliberately overstates the value of a home or other property
- Cash-back schemes involving collusion between the buyer and seller (and sometimes the appraiser) to misrepresent the true sale value of the property in question
- Identity theft in order to secure a mortgage loan under another person's credit, with or without that person's knowledge
- Conspiracies involving appraisers, homeowners, buyers, purchasers, etc.
Want to speak with us during a free case evaluation? Call today! (940) 580-2899.
Rely on the Law Offices of Tim Powers for Your Defense
It is in your best interests to consult a respected mortgage fraud defense lawyer as soon as possible. The ultimate resolution of a mortgage fraud case may depend on your lawyer's ability to take immediate action and communicate effectively with prosecutors and government investigators.
Our founder, Tim Powers, can give you honest answers and straightforward guidance during a free consultation. If you decide to hire our team, we can take immediate action to minimize the negative consequences of a mortgage fraud investigation or prosecution. Contact us today.